Within its Public Health Seminar Series the College of Health Sciences of the American University of Armenia (AUA) organized a panel discussion about the Obstetric Care State Certificate (OCSC) Program on April 30, 2010. During the panel discussion the invited participants presented their professional observations and results of different studies. The researchers of the AUA Center of Health Services Research and Development (CHSR) presented the results of the Assessment of the Obstetric Care State Certificate Program emphasizing opinions of both women and healthcare providers. The participants of the panel discussion included:
• Varduhi Petrosyan, Director of CHSR AUA (moderator of the panel)
• Karine Saribekyan, Head of the Mother and Child Health Department, RA Ministry of Health
• Ara Ter-Grigoryan, Head of the State Health Agency, RA MOH
• Razmik Abrahamyan, Director of the Institute of Perinatology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Inna Sacci, Director of the USAID Maternal and Child Health Improvement Project (NOVA2)
• Ashot Melkonyan, “Development Center of Armavir” NGO
• Ruzanna Grigoryan, Research Associate, CHSR AUA.
After the presentations there was an active discussion of the Program’s achievements, shortcomings and possible solutions.
Representatives of health related NGOs, international agencies, maternity hospitals, AUA students, faculty, and research staff attended the Seminar.
The USAID Civic Advocacy Support Program Armenia and CHSR AUA supported the OCSC Program assessment and the panel discussion.