Funding Agency: Geneva University who received the grant from the Swiss National Science Foundation
The following activities were carried out within the reporting period:
1) preparing a report on the follow up qualitative study to assess changes in medical residents beliefs, attitudes and practices after the smoking cessation training course;
2) a qualitative study of patients to explore their knowledge, attitude and behavior related to smoking and smoking cessation
3) preparing a report on the patients’ study;
4) development of the project website in English and Armenian for patients interested in quitting (http://stoptobacco.aua.am/);
5) preparing a manuscript for the publication in an international peer-reviewed journal;
6) preparing the final report for the funding agency.
The project PI presented the findings in a Medical Education conference and is currently working to publish a manuscript based on the evaluation of the training implemented among the medical residents.